IdentiFly is a software for semiautomated classification of images based on geometric morphometrics. It can be used for identification of species. For example you can obtain wing image, mark landmarks on it and classify the specimen as one of the species for which classification data have been prepared.
In order to use IdentiFly you need to:
- Download the ZIP file: identifly031.zip
- Unpack the ZIP file and copy identfly directory to your hard drive.
- Run the identifly.exe
- Set a classification file Classification > Set classification for example apis-mellifera-subspecies-classification.dw.xml
- See the prototype image in order to know the position of landmarks Classification > View prototype
- Open an image of your specimen File > Open (Ctrl+O)
- Use a computer mouse to mark the landmarks on the image. The position of the landmarks and their order has to be the same as in the prototype image.
- Classify the specimen Classification > Classify